Latest News April 2021
We are planning to re-open for OUTSIDE DRINKING table service ONLY (as per Gov diktat) on Wed 14th April.
As with everything over the last 12 months we will be operating revised timings and will keep things under constant review.
We really appreciate everyone’s enthusiasm and interest in getting back to GCB and we are looking forward to seeing you! Here’s hoping for the spring sunshine to continue.
As usual here are the headlines:
- Max 6 people per table
- Face masks must be worn everywhere other than when seated at table
- Tables under our green awning are bookable
- Bookings can only be honoured for 10mins after the time booked 🙂
- New ‘street tables’ will be first-come-first served
- All tables can only be held for max 3 hours (sorry to have to introduce this – very un ‘us’)
- Takeaways will be available throughout opening hours, but we are unable to have a dedicated ‘takeaway staff member’ SO takeaway orders will be processed along with table orders which may slightly increase the takeaway waiting time. OF COURSE we will try and water everyone as quickly as humanly possible
TO BOOK: text 07939 401359. Please do wait for confirmation before you come down.
Opening Times 14/4/21 Onwards:
Wed: 4 – 10
Thurs: 4 – 10
Fri: 2 – 10
Sat: 12 – 10
Sun: 2 – 8
See you soon!
Deliveries to SG6 ONLY will continue to run Thurs & Fridays from w/b April 12 until further notice.
About Garden City Brewery
We are located in the The Wynd, a charming pedestrianised street in the Town Centre.
We brew our own beers and serve these on gravity, alongside a selection of guest ales from local breweries and around the UK.
We also serve a large selection of local ciders, tasty bar snacks, wines and spirits.
A friendly and warm welcome is guaranteed for dogs and owners alike; strokes and tummy tickling optional (dogs only). Water bowls and bonios provided free of charge.
Adjacent to the brewery is a public car park (free after 18:00 Mon-Sat and free Sunday) and we are 5 mins walk from Letchworth train station.
We look forward to welcoming you for a drink in our relaxed bar or outside in our beer garden.
Sign up for our email updates for our latest events and offers, or follow us on social media.
A micro-brewery and bar in Letchworth Town Centre
Good Beer Guide 2020
We are delighted to say we’ve made it into The Good Beer Guide for the third year running!
– VOTED BEST NEWCOMER HERTFORDSHIRE
FOOD & DRINK AWARDS 2017 –
– BEST CIDER PUB HERTFORDSHIRE 2018 –
Thank You to EVERYONE who voted to make us Best Newcomer in the whole county in the Hertfordshire Food & Drink awards.
“We came top out of 42 nominations in this highly competitive category full of fabulous independent businesses. That’s one in the bag for little old Letchworth!
We couldn’t have done it without you guys – our customers – and your support, your custom, your wit, your warmth, your enthusiasm and naturally your beer drinking prowess.
Although we’ve brewed some beautiful beers it’s the community spirit that exists now in this little corner of Letchworth that makes us most proud. The staff are pretty awesome too….”
What’s been happening at Garden City Brewery?
Keep in touch with us:
Sign up or follow Garden City Brewery: