A micro-brewery and bar in Letchworth Town Centre
Sign up or follow Garden City Brewery:
– VOTED BEST NEWCOMER HERTFORDSHIRE
FOOD & DRINK AWARDS 2017 –
– BEST CIDER PUB HERTFORDSHIRE 2018 –
We are located in the The Wynd, a charming pedestrianised street in the Town Centre.
We brew our own beers and serve these on gravity, alongside a selection of guest ales from local breweries and around the UK.
We also serve a large selection of local ciders, tasty bar snacks, wines and spirits.
A friendly and warm welcome is guaranteed for dogs and owners alike; strokes and tummy tickling optional (dogs only). Water bowls and bonios provided free of charge.
Adjacent to the brewery is a public car park (free after 18:00 Mon-Sat and free Sunday) and we are 5 mins walk from Letchworth train station.
We look forward to welcoming you for a drink in our relaxed bar or outside in our beer garden.
Sign up for our email updates for our latest events and offers, or follow us on social media.
TakeAways & Delivery Information
Note: No Click and Collect from 6 Aug
GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE THAT WAIT…
There will, of course, be a few changes and we will be evolving and adapting all the new measures as time goes on.
Ultimately, we’re really looking forward to seeing your faces and having a chat, even if it is between a nice thick layer of highly-santisable perspex.Here’s the lowdown:
We will be running reduced opening hours at first:
- Thurs 4-10pm
- Fri 2-10pm
- Sat 12-10pm
- Sun 2-8pm
- We have reduced capacity, creating more space between tables
- Social Distancing measures including screens, one-way systems and sanitisers will be in place
- It will be table-service only
- Indoor tables can be booked in advance (info below)
- Outdoors is first-come, first-served but we have created more seats outside
- Food-wise it will be (a new and improved menu of) tasty pre-bagged snacks only for the time being: sorry sausage-roll lovers!
- Children and under-18s welcome until 8pm but they must be supervised and within your party’s area at all times
- Dogs are still very welcome but please keep them on a short lead near your party only
- Our team has been fully trained on new safe working measures
- Our cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures are more rigorous than ever and in line with guidance
There will be a dedicated takeaway entrance; 1L or 4 pint bottles will be available throughout our opening hours
Deliveries will still be running Thurs & Fri nights but not Saturday
PRE-ORDERED COLLECTIONS/CLICK ‘N’ COLLECT
Due to space constraints and staff social distancing measures, we aren’t able to facilitate any pre-ordered collections from next week onwards I’m afraid.
All inside seating is bookable but we’ll need to know numbers of people (tables are limited to 6 max) and how long you plan to stay.
Please call or text our BOOKING HOTLINE:
but please do wait for us to confirm before heading down 😊
As with everywhere things will look a little different and there will be the obligatory rules to read before entry but basically it’s us, serving great beer with pinnies and visors on.
Please remember, it’s a new world for everyone, so please bear with us and our lovely team as we learn.
If you have any feedback please feel free to contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank You to EVERYONE who voted to make us Best Newcomer in the whole county in the Hertfordshire Food & Drink awards.
“We came top out of 42 nominations in this highly competitive category full of fabulous independent businesses. That’s one in the bag for little old Letchworth!
We couldn’t have done it without you guys – our customers – and your support, your custom, your wit, your warmth, your enthusiasm and naturally your beer drinking prowess.
Although we’ve brewed some beautiful beers it’s the community spirit that exists now in this little corner of Letchworth that makes us most proud. The staff are pretty awesome too….”