As we’re so new we are still experimenting, trying out various different recipes in order to see what will make the shortlist to become one of our year-round beers.
So far the response has been fantastic and it’s going to be hard to choose from among the following brewed so far – many of whom have become somewhat iconic among the local ale-drinking community: we’re thinking of you Banjax!
- 1st Garden City Pale (3.7%) brewed for our ‘Sneak Peek Preview’ weekend this highly quaffable, light ale is remembered fondly by those first few suppers
- 1st Garden City Bitter (3.7%) – the First Bitter to be brewed commercially in in the First Garden City did not disappoint – a session bitter with all the balance of the best
- (The ever-popular) G.R.O.G. (Get Rid Of Guinness) (4.6%) – First to sell out at the local Hitchin Beer & Cider Festival this rich but refreshing porter has become a local classic and is still sought-after
- 1903 IPA (5.2%) – the debut outing of our bolder, hoppier IPA was a huge success with people begging us to brew this beauty again soon
- Banjax (4.7%) – from the Irish meaning ‘to ruin through incompetence’ this happy accident, a mistaken evolution of G.R.O.G. has become almost more popular than the original with many regulars insisting it’s drunk old-school style from a jug
- Amarillo Pale (3.6%)- another pale for the warmer months, this golden, single-hop offering had just the right amount of bitterness on the palette and was top-notch summer refreshment
*****BREAKING BEER NEWS 06/07/2016*****
1903 IPA returns in a lighter jacket! All the flavour of the original 5.2% but in dressed in a session coat this one still needs working out but it’ll be under 4.5%!